Saturday, 31 July 2010

UCAS

The Stamford Test

I completed the Stamford Test quickly without hesitation because I feel I know what I enjoy which helps to determine the career path I choose. Over the summer I have put a lot more thought in to what I would like to achieve in my future and how I will progress to get there. I have always thought about going to University however I have never been keen on studying but I think that comes down to what I enjoy, achieve well in and having determination.

The results of the test guided me to subject areas such as, Arts and Crafts where I am interested in studying photography as a degree or photojournalism. I am keen to study this subject because it allows me to be creative and I find I achieve a better outcome from expressing myself creatively rather than under performing through academic studies. Also I have a great enthusiasm to travel and see the world, I would like to gain as much about life whilst I am young and whilst I have my freedom to discover what is out there. It allows me to build my own opinions on the different cultures of life and the way the world works. I will meet new and interesting people along the way and gain contacts which will secure me with a good network of people who can help me in the industry. Therefore studying photojournalism will give me the opportunity to experience what am most interested in.

Another subject area which was determined from my results was Media/Radio/TV and Film. This category covers a huge range of subjects which I am less enthusiastic about. I am basing my opinion on the units which I carried out in the first year. I didn't really enjoy radio and although I listen to radio everyday and I am aware that it plays such a huge role in everyday life I didn't enjoy how the lessons were structured and I didn't feel happy with the overall results. Therefore I wouldn't like to study any further into this subject, however at the beginning of the first year I had been curious about the role of a director within film and I also really enjoyed scriptwriting.

Even though I have never studied Psychology, that line of work is common within the family. I would have liked to thought more into that line of work a little earlier but it's a different career path and I prefer to concentrate on what I enjoy at the moment.

I have thought more into advertising and marketing recently and it'd definitely something I would enjoy. Looking at advertising on UCAS shows a huge range of specific subject areas such as Advertising design, advertising psychology, advertising photography, advertising illustration and much more. I am interested in creative advertising and advertising and brand communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment